A dressing made from Dot's pretzels, celery, onions, mushrooms, cashews, butter, and seasonings.
Submitted by Idaho Moose in Pocatello, Idaho
Share this Recipe
Dot’s Idaho Pretzel Dressing with Mushrooms and Cashews
5 minutes prep, 40 minutes cooking
Feeds 12 friends
You Will Need:
- 1 - 16 oz. bag of Dot's Home Style Pretzels
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped or sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of turkey or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of turkey or chicken fat (if available)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cashews chopped or whole (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
On the stove saute celery, onions, and mushrooms in 1/2 stick of butter over medium heat.
Then add the remaining stick of butter, broth, and fat.
Warm until butter and fat is melted. Remove from heat.
Mix in black pepper and poultry seasoning.
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with vegetable spray.
Break up pretzels into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces and place in dish.
Pour the celery, onion, mixture over the pretzels.
Whip up the eggs and pour over the pretzels.
Mix together in the pan and place in the oven uncovered.
Cook approximately 30 minutes, remove and stir.
Continue cooking 10 minutes or to preference.